Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Iraq, this is bad, even for Iraq

Telegraph News
According to the British military up to 65% of Iraqis feel that attacks against occupying forces are justified. And less than 1% think that the occupation is making their country more secure. Between this and the fact that Vietnam had fewer casualties in the first 4 years of conflict the similarities are getting scarier every day.
Ascribe Iraq vs Vietnam
The monthly death rate for US soldiers has doubled since the end of the “conflict.�
Ok I only saw this on the link from Buzzflash, the site it is in reference to you need to pay to visit, its Mercury News. I would look it up but I’m not paying for it.
And of course we have passed the 2000 soldiers killed mark in Iraq, or as U.S. Army Lt. Col. Steve Boylan, director of the force’s combined press center, puts it “… The 2,000 service members killed in Iraq supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom is not a milestone. It is an artificial mark on the wall ...!� I would expect a fragging for that one. That will be another similarity to Vietnam when you hear about fragging again. My generation knows the term Frag from video games where it is simply killing someone, usually the enemy. Durring Vietnam the term meant to kill your commanding officer, usually in the field.

This is almost completely unrelated.
I need to keep a copy of the ten commandments with me, along with the bill of rights. I always point out to the pro-war pro-death penalty “Christians� out there that little line about thou shall not kill, but I always forget about thou shall not bear false witness and coveting they neighbor there’s a few in there that I could you against the hypocrites.

The newest mantra from the Repuglican Party for the poor in these United States is---“Let them eat horsemeat�! Each and every time I think they’ve hit bottom, the Repuglican Party has proven they can go even lower! God save the United States from the Repuglican Party
thanks buzzflash for a few of these.

No comments: