Friday, November 04, 2005

Might have found an apartment

Well my friend and I found a pretty nice place that we should be able to afford. Its a large upstairs place with two bedrooms, one of the bed rooms is pretty shitty, its small and you have to walk through the other bed room or the bathroom to get to it. I think it was a large walk-in closet originaly. But my friend seems to have no problem with the little room and I am cool witht the big room so hey sounds like a plan. I have a lot of furniture available because my parents are moving out of their house. I thought I was going to have more furniture than I knew what to do with but this place can easily absorb everything that I have. we might get the ping pong table from my grand parents house. we are also already plan on building a bar. Im pretty pyched about it. Its a lot cooler place than I was expecting to end up in. the neighbor hood is about average for the town, of course this town has pretty low standards these days. A friend of a friend lives basicly right across from me, im not sure if thats a good thing or a not, he's alright but his girlfriend is fucking stupid. I'm not much of one to judge people but damn this girl is dumb. I mean a girl I know is being put into "special" classes at school and shes a rocket scientist compared to that girl. Ok thats off subject. oh wait I dont pay attention to what topic I started on. The only real concern I have about he place is that my friend is extreamely conservative, he was angry that another friends girlfriend (now wife) had an abortion because the Doc told her that her and the child would die if she tried to have the baby. that and the father was in absolutly no position to be a father but the quality of life has never mattered to the christian fundamentalists only that the child is not aborted. If the child is born into horrible conditions and dies two weeks latter because the family cant afford medical care thats fine but a rape victim wants to make sure they dont get pregnant after the attack well thats moraly reprehensible. yeah this is why my friend and I try to avoid any political talks. Its difficult to avoid all social commentary, especialy when neighter of us are into sports, well he likes hockey, we both like cars, but eventually someone make a rouge comment about something in the world and its on after that. they are usually very calm and civilized arguments or debates. He gets upset because he is used to talking to people that agree with him and so hes not used to having to prove his point. He says the few times he talks to liberals other than me they are usually un-educated people who are mostly just angry at the system and dont really have any background on the issues. talking with people like that are not a good primer for even mild debate. There is also the fact that my friend/ roomate to be is about to lose his job, thats not really the most reasuing prospecct but im sure he will find something. actually with a little help he should be able to find a better job than the ones he's had lately. He is very hard working and yet he is to timid to demand a raise from the place he has worked the last several summers. Oh well. I want to look into getting a second job myself, a bit of extra cash would be handy. I knew a kid that worked at verizon doing bullshit work making decent money, I might try cingular and see if I can save money on my cell phone too. oh I hadnt thought of that, my buddy doesnt have a cell phone. I wonder if he'll get one or if he is going to want a land line. Holy crap TV and internet are expensive, god damn monopolies. $100 a month for TV and Internet? good lord thats a lot of money. They dont even list a price for regular cable, the only prices are for digital cable. I dont need all that digital crap. How am I going to sneek out of work early today? I wish I could but I think I have too much going on. I could really use a break, oh well it is lunch time. I may take a long lunch and leave at the normal time. No I better not. I might go get an oil change though. The poor old truck could use it.

No comments: