Tuesday, December 27, 2005

...and to all a good night

Merry Christmas everybody, Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends, Happy Kwansaa to everybody whos ceribrates that, and joyous weekend to the Muslims, Buddists, Hindu, Tao, Atheists and anybody else who didnt have a holiday last weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend wether you were celebrating with family or simply relaxing alone. If you were alone then I feel bad for you because one thing I have always been blessed with was a great family, both sides of the family are actually fun to hang out with. I cannot imagine what it would be like to spend Christmas without multiple family gatherings to go to. Sure the fam can be a pain in the ass at times but usually due to lack of communication, too often being my own damn fault. My big sis got me a cool Andy Warhal print, framed and everything. Its the Marilyn Monroe one that im sure you've seen, Ill be honest and say that I probably never would have picked it in a million years as something I would want, But thats what makes christmas fun. That sounded wrong, I really like it and part of what I like is that it doesnt really fit my style. of course currently nothing at my apartment really fits my style cause its hand-me-downs from all over the family, once again great to have family. The Warhol is somewhat fitting in that I like the Misfits and they were big Monroe fans thats why they are the Misfits, that was the name of her last movie, its also why they dis-like the kennedys, they blame JFK for her death. Its easy to be a grouch about christmas, but I for one am not going to try to be the cool guy, I'll admit it, I like christmas. And honestly my favorite part really is just seeing all of my relatives. I've got a fairly large family, nothing rediculous but probably larger than average, But whats cool is that they all get along and we had every aunt and uncle and all the cousin except for one who had to go to see the soon to be in-laws. On the other side we had everybody but one cousin who lives in South Carolina and an Aunt and Uncle who are in Cali. My Aunt comes home about once a year but usually in the summer, she hates the cold which is part of why she left New York in the first place so why come back in the winter? seems logical enought for me. Oh I read a great book one night this weekend, I had bought a few books with the intention of giving a couple to my cousin ( gift exchange) and which ever I didnt give I would keep. So i figured I give him the new Kurt Vonnegut book, Man Without a Country, but I thought id read a few pages and see if I wanted to buy it for myself. well I ended up reading the entire book in a few hours, its quite short only about 150 pages. It was nothing like his other writings, it was not a novel. Which is why I couldnt find it in the book store, I was looking in with his other books and this one was more accuratly place in the current events section. The book is basicly an Old man telling his feelings about the direction that this country is heading, and by the fact that it is called man without a country should tell you that he's not happy. He may have gone a little far in parts to get his point across, like repeatedly saying that the worlds oil supply is about to run out which isnt quite true. But the important factor is that if we dont change our ways it will, and fairly soon. Im not going to get into a full review of the book because I dont have time and I read it very quickly and very late at night. I will probably buy it again for myself but at least now I can wait a little while before I do.
On a sad note, a friend of mine that I may have mentioned before... or maybe Ive written abut 3 or 4 posts about her, may have called her my dream girl once or twice, had moved to colorado for the winter to be a Ski instructor, she had only been working for about 3 weeks when she had an accident on the slopes and broke her leg. From what I hear broke it quite badly in several places, her father flew out to see her. I havent tried to call yet but I will, i was told buy a friend of hers that they had not been able to reach her and then I had family obligations but I will probably give her a call this afternoon. Im sure she will be ok but my heart goes out to her.
Get well lil' muffin.
Oh well i suppose I can mention other lovely ladies I saw recently. There was an old friend from school who I have probably loved at some level for oh 15 years now. Shes just a sweetheart, gorgous smart funny all of those things to but just the most sincerly nice person that I may have ever known. to be honest I think she would be a better dream girl than the one I call my dream, but of course she lives in boston now, and she introduced me to her boyfriend who came down from boston for christmas so it must be fairly serious. oh well another beautiful woman lost.
One more, the cousins went out to the bar after the family christmas party and this cute girl walks in and I instantly recognize her but cant figure out who she is for the life of me. finially i figure out that i was the photographer from my friends wedding. I had her number in my phone so i was able to get her name, I had gotten her number from my friend and not form her so i never called her. But we chated for a while and she seems like a really sweet girl. Has an increadible smile, so of course she then introduces me to her boyfriend. Damn.
Ok I did see one guy who had a sister that I was friends with when I was really little, the last time I saw her she was lookin pretty damn good and shes Irish which is always a plus in my book. I should have gotten her digits off of her brother, ive known the family long enough that there probably woulnd be anything odd about that. She lives in town and so there is at least some chance at that one. who knows...
Well Merry Christmas to all, christian or not.

No comments: