Thursday, February 23, 2006

Iraq, another day a another problem

and the other shoe drops...
Yahoo News
So in case Iraq was starting to get to quiet and boring for you with just an occupation and all, we could have the start of a civil war. There is a growing number of attacks against mosques. The latest one being one of the holiest shitte sites in Iraq, a 1,200 year old mosque with a gold dome. Now it is a pile of rubble and possible will be the rallying cry for the shittes. like an Iraqi Alamo. Already there have been counter attacks against sunni mosques and even prisons being brought out of jail and shot in retrobution for the attack.
The side of me that hates bush, you know the side above my feet, even has to wonder if these "insurgents" dressed as police were send by the US what does Bush want, he wants a "long war" thats what hes been calling it lately and what would extend it more than a civil war? I doubt that they would have been stupid enough to actually send it our troops and claim it was insurgents but I wouldnt be shocked if our commanders knowingly did not try to stop such things and possibly even encourage it. Because I would have thought that the to sects could have worked together at least untill they kicked the US out. But then again they may have come to the realization that we aren't leaving untill '09 and so they might as well start ignoring us.
For those living in Iraq, I wish you well and I hope that you can pull through these dark times, and I'm sorry I wish I had done more to influence people to vote against Bush. Please forgive me. And to the "insurgents" who are shooting at my friends, I really wish you would stop shooting at my friends, but I can understand why you are. There are probably better ways but I can understand why you feel you need to fight and I can respect that. I hope you can have peace soon. lets stop the killing.

No comments: