Wednesday, April 19, 2006

capitalism

I got into a great conversation earlier with a good friend of mine but we ran out of time for dialoge. So these are a few things I want to say about capitalism. I am not pro- or anti- capitalism. I have not yet deicded what I think the best economic system is for myself. I think there is inherend good and evil in capitalism. The good is that wealth or better yet possiblity of wealth can motivate people to do great things. Basicly the good of capitalism is that hard work can earn you great rewards. The downsides of capitalism are many and im sure you all are well aware of those as well and if your not watch "Enron: the smartest guys in the room" and "the corporation". So we ran out of time right about as we hit the fundumentals of capitalism. Like it or not every successful business has one primary function, to make money. How they go about it obviously varies greatly. in an of itself this is simply a fact neither good nor evil, but once greed overwhelms a person then it becomes an evil which can if the person is capable, destroy or harm the lives of tens of thousands of people.

No comments: