Friday, December 08, 2006

just another day in paradise

I had some whole thing going, It was all about emotions and other things I’m not good at but then I got reminded why I'm perfectly happy being me. My very good friend and I just went to lunch with a new intern. I had been introduced to her once before and yet in the span of lunch we had talked about shit that would make well most people blush. At one point she was seriously crying she was laughing so hard. It was great, she’s a cool ass chick, which I mean in only the best of ways, some people might try to say that chick is derogatory or something, well those folks can suck my left nut, I could say that she was an fun, engaging woman, but that’s the wrong description. That describes a boring stuck up female who annoys you a little but is still amusing at times. This lovely young woman was a cool ass chick. It doesn’t hurt that My friend and I have been friends long enough that pretty much nothing is off limits. I mean hell, the fucker pinched my cheek at one point, which a moment later was turned into joking about pinching ass cheeks, and as he said that joke I was just about to make a similar comment about grabbing asses. The moral of the story is simple, I'm a simple dude. I can get depressed at times but it doesn’t take much to get me back in a great mood. The laugh of a beautiful woman does it every time, even if she is unavailable as the case may be, it doesn’t matter. Its also nice to know that while my friend and I have ridiculous conversations, we aren’t the only ones who find it amusing.

So yeah I'm feeling good at the moment, I might be moving soon, which sucks but it will cost less than half what I'm paying now so that’s very very cool. Of course the person I might have for a roommate has done time, but oh well as long as I can keep him clean then he’s an awesome guy, he’s made bad decisions in the past but hey everyone deserves a second chance. As I just eluded to he did have drug problems in the past, there were a few times when he would randomly show up on a Friday or a Saturday and just chill for a few days. He’d just pass out on the couch. I knew what he was doing, he wanted to get away from that shit but he just wasn’t quite ready. I never hassled him about it, I’d let him hang out we’d play video games or whatever and Id just sorta let him be. It took him doing a little time in the clink in order to get him to see that he simply has to straighten out. I think having a clean roommate will help him, im also pretty much sober during the week so that’s gotta be good for him too. And that dudes lived on the street so he knows how to eat for cheap. Don’t know if he can make shit that tastes good but he can make it edible for nothin’.

And its snowing pretty good out right now. Theres something refreshing about the first snow of the year, give it a week and ill be all set, but its great at first. Everything is pristine and white. By the end of the winter its just a nasty brown sludge everywhere followed by muddy ass spring, but muddy is welcome at that point. Any way for no real reason today is turning into a very good day. Yesterday was a blast too, I went and saw the fam after work, played some pool with my cousin, my uncle, and my grandfather-who was a little off, even forgetting that he’s 90 hes usually pretty good, although he does cheat. Then went and saw some friends, was supposed to watch them get tattooed but they were done when I got there, hung out at there place for a bit then ran up to the bar at the other end of town for karaoke night, which is Japanese for shitty songs done badly. But I saw the crazy ladies who I adore, and that’s also where I ran into my possible new roommate. So yesterday was a good day and with a little luck today will be too. Gotta check out the possible new pad, with the possible new roommate and the friend that’s moving in next door to the possible new crib.

UPDATE: well I'm not moving just yet. The place in question turned out to be just like what I have now, billed as a two bedroom but its not really. The second room being basically a closet. Oh well Ill keep looking.

No comments: