Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Quotes

anyone whos been here before knows I enjoy quotes, the theory being that whatever you're trying to say has probably already been said and probably by someone more eliquent than I. So heres a few from my friend over at Deep Thoughts who got the list from here.


Salvador Dali - Thank god I'm an atheist...
Luis Bunuel (NOT Salvador Dali!) - Thank God I'm an atheist.
funny that both were on the same list.

One of Murphy's laws - A man without religon is like a fish without a bicycle

Robert G. Ingersoll - Why should I allow that same God to tell me how to raise my kids, who had to drown His own?

Donald Morgan - Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.

Richard Francis Burton (1821-1890) - The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.

unknown - People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs

Mark Twain - The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also

Haywood Newkirk - Religion is a lot like NASCAR, something for the ignorant masses to believe in.
I hate Nascar, hence this might be my new favorite quote.

Frater Ravus - If you have to lie to prove what you believe, then what you believe is a lie.

Dan Fouts - I'm a polyatheist - there are many gods I don't believe in.

Scott - Jesus Saves! But I Recycle

No comments: