Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mitch Hedburg

I was about to write about the seperation of church and state, I saw a cool little line and figured the article would be good and I have a response, But I had an old Mitch Hedburg CD on and started laughing so I decided that was more important, the other I'll probably write soon.

Heres the bit I laughed at, although it might not be funny if you've never heard Mitch do it. Mitch was a fairly unique comic, he had a lot of one liners and overall his jokes really weren't that good, but he was hilarious simply because of his delivery.

I hate New York Delis man. They always put way too much fuckin’ meat on the sandwich. It’s like eatin’ a cow with a cracker on either side… I go in and order a Pastrami sandwich and the guy says “Can I get you anything else?” Yeah, a loaf of bread and some other people!!! I like to mess with ‘em though….”What kind of sandwich you want?” Pastrami “What kind of bread?” Rye… No, fuck, Banana! “What kind of cheese?” Cottage! “Get the fuck out! I’m not making you a “Banana-Bread / Pastrami / Cottage Cheese sandwich. That would severely ruin my reputation!”
R.I.P. Mitch Hedburg 1968-2005

No comments: