Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Best Week(end) Ever

I know that quite the claim but seriously the only other long weekend thats even in the running was a little over a year ago when the fam went to Pittsburgh to watch the Super Bowl at my sisters place which is right on the strip with all the bars. After the game thousands of people poured into the streets and were giving high fives and hugs every where, black white country metal punk yuppie hippie republican it didn't matter, everyone was just happy. I had never seen a happy riot before, it was pretty amazing. Then the next day we got up early went home, then hopped in a car and when to NYC for my friends bands show at the historic CBGB's, I got to stand on the stage where The Ramones got their start. It was amazing.

This last weekend was better. I spent 3 days rarely out of arms reach, hell rarely out of contact, with some one I'm beginning to realize really might be my favorite person, ever. Which is why I'm considering this my personal best weekend ever. The weather was fantastic, it was sunny with a couple of clouds, it was warm but cool enough that you weren't sweating even after hours of walking around Boston. I was surprised by how friendly the people were, then again my friend was also quite shocked, she told me that she had never seen Bostonians so friendly as they we towards me, apparently happiness is contagious because people were just talking to us where ever we went, and I was wearing a green hoodie. I was forced to get a little emergency exhaust repair on my vehicle while in the city, and even that turned out to be fun. We had walked from half way across town over to the garage and it wasn't done yet so we went to the bar, when the beautiful girl I had been walking with immediately orders two Guinness's only to turn and say, "you like Guinness right?" I almost lost it right there. Some old drunk mumbled to us and walked away. Then on the TV news there was a report about an 18 year old that was shot in the head while riding the city bus, We both immediately realized that it occurred not far from her apartment but neither of us were too keen on figuring out exactly how close, ignorance is bliss. At that point another random dude at the bar strikes up a conversation. We had a pint then wandered back to the repair shop, still wasn't done, oh well. I figured it was better not to head back to the bar before my truck was done being worked on, so we hung out in the waiting room, and were laughing our asses off with the guy behind the counter. You know your in a mood where nothing can bring you down when your sitting in the waiting room of a place that has had your vehicle for several hours to do half an hours worth of work, is over charging you, and is generally not a very pleasant place, but you can't help but smile and still have a great time.

I could continue on about the weekend, I would like to, but alas there is no time. Back to reality.

No comments: