Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thinking Blog Award

Someone reads this dribble that flows out from me fingers, that alone surprises me a bit, so you can imagine my shock when I checked up on my bloggin' buddy Lara at Life: the Ongoing Education and saw that she had nominated me for an award. What the Fuck? Not only does someone read it but they actually like it? That was the real shock, and this wasn't some random idiot, Lara seems quite bright. So anyway I guess I'm nominated for the Thinking Blog Award which seems to be more of a meme than an award but hey thats cool too. I've never been a part of a blog meme before, other than the one I stole about music.

Ok well Huge Huge Thank you to Lara. And now who do I pass this on to? Five Blogs that make me think, I gotta think about that for a minute, I guess thats the idea anyway.


1. Blog 4 Brains, the title is fitting as it will make you think. They only have two contributors but it would seem like many more by the level of thought they put into a wide range of topics. This is the first site I go to (after my own) each morning. I'm not sure I can praise a blog more than saying its the only one I check every time I hit the computer, well the only other way I can is with this award. So that makes it an easy choice for this award. Thank you Justin and Unum for this fantastic site.

2. My Life.... (long title), Ok ffbgirl has been a bit under the weather lately so to be perfectly honest her blog hasn't been terribly thought provoking of late. But she definitely got me thinking as she gave me some great advice as a weight my options for heading back to college. This is probably the hardest decision I've ever faced (my life has been pretty easy) so having a little guidance, even from someone I've never met, is very useful, and it got me thinking far more than anything else I've ever done with this blog, so for that I thank you with this nomination.

3. Daylight Atheism, great mantra, nighttime is for dreaming, daylight is for action. This site likes to challenge atheists, freethinkers, humanists or whatever other title we like to give ourselves into actually doing something. Also pushes for people to to think about the positives of their world views instead of always just pointing out all the negatives of religion. Which is a great philosophy.

4. Unscrewing The Inscrutable, OK this site needs to be looked at by everyone if for no other reason than this Bio.
"Observations and inanities by a second-shift assistant supervisor in the Puppy-Grinding division of the Evil Atheist Conspiracy® (our motto: "Sure it's cruel, but think of the jobs!"), your host, Brent Rasmussen."
I love that bio, the rest of the site is always amusing too.

5. Thomas Paine's Corner, A site to visit if you have some time too read. Always very well thought out, if a bit on the long side. It's not a site that get much comment traffic so if your looking for a lot of back and forth banter your out of luck, but to just sit back and read can be fun too. This was one of the first sites I added to my blog roll and its still one of my favorites. I don't check as often as I would like, well because usually I don't have time and it feels wrong to half-ass read something that was well done.

So thats my five. Hope you like 'em as much as I do. Oh and since I'm now a participant I must follow the rules which are.

The participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap, thanks for the "award?". At first I was a little confused on how it worked, but I think I get the idea. Is it kind of like a... what do you call it? Chain letter, but in a more meaningful way? I take the torch and pass it on to other blogs?

Here is a major problem. I really don't read other blogs -- as bad as that sounds. I am soooo bogged down reading five/six different magazines and three/four books all at the same time, I can't find any time to read blogs as well.

I will pass this over to Pat/Unum and see if she does the blog thing, which I am pretty sure she does. Either way, I can't thank you enough for talking so highly of us. I will not forget this kindness.

Take care my friend.

Lara said...

congrats! you are awesome and quite deserving, so i'm glad to pass it on to you. :)

Kilgore Trout said...

Yeah I wasn't sure if this would really fir the style of B4B anyway but I'm obviously a fan of your site so I had to give you credit.

Thanks again Lara