Thursday, April 12, 2007

Vonnegut, again

I think I've said all I can about him, although I did just read a great little post about someone who was at a church book burning and he saw someone throw a Vonnegut book on the fire and so after a moments thought he reached in a pulled the book out. Now thats a compliment.

Anyway why I did this second post was simply to say that there are few times I have ever wandered my usual favorite blogs and everyone of them had something to say about the same issue. Everyone it seems has some connection to his works. Some even had personally met with him. I never realized how many people were fans.

Thanks again Kurt, we're all going to miss you
*

A.M. UPDATE: Last night I sat down and started reading Slaughterhouse Five again. It had been a while since I last read it. Next thing I knew I was 2/3rds of the way through the book so I figured I might as well finish it off. That might be the fastest I've ever read a real book.

ANOTHER UPDATE: When asked what he would like people to say at his funeral Vonnegut suggested his favorite joke,
"Kurt is in heaven now"

No comments: