Wednesday, May 23, 2007

No no no no no no no no no

We're going to war with Iran.
By We I don't mean like us personally I mean my friends that were convinced to join up for lack of other options. I mean boys and girls, many of them younger than my immature ass are going to be sent into an absolutely unwinnable situation for... papa smurf's ego? I'm not even sure what the made up justification is going to be. Probably nukes again. I mean at least this time its a sensible reason to be nervous unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that we simply cannot win. If we attack Iran that proves every single extremist right.The last thing we want is the moderates who are not yet pissed at us in the middle east to stop and say holy shit Hezbulah was right, or Al Qaeda or any other extremist group. I wish we could count on our democratic congress to prevent this but they were elected on an end the war platform and so far the war has been escalated with talks of further escalation. Bush is in the corner petting a cat while letting out a deeply disturbing laugh as he plots his next move. "They want to give me non-binding timetables, those bastards, I'll send more motherfuckers then I'll attack another country, this time one that actually has an army, that'll show those surrender monkey's who's boss." And you know what he might be right. This arrogant little rich daddies boy might just punk down the entire legislative branch. The combined cahones all 573 members congress adds up to a few mouse turds, I'm sorry dems, there are a few that are out there trying to get something accomplished but over all they are politicians and politicians are rarely willing to put there necks on the line for something as mystical as peoples actual lives. Bastards.

So why am I convinced that were going to war? Well theres the little naval show we're putting on in the gulf, there is a little tid bit I picked up about how a local company is building all the cruise missile nose cones they can produce which is exactly what happened before the last two wars in the middle east. Then there's the fact that Bush hasn't started a war in a few years and he's overdue, some might say to put away your other toys before getting out the new ones, but Georgie's always had maids or aides around to do that stuff for him. Or how about the simple argument that bad things always happen in threes. And by bad I mean really really really bad. I mean a billion muslims very very upset with the lone superpower that appears to be on a one nation crusade to crush Islam, that might not be the truth (it is for some though) but its a reasonable thought given our track record.

Seriously people, don't go to war with Iran. If our armed forces weren't stuck in several quagmires already it would be a very very bad idea. With our forces at their breaking point already, an attack would be suicidal, there's no other word for it. I wish there was because suicide means taking your own life, and those who make this decision one way or the other are not the ones who will die, it will be my friends, and others like them....

No comments: