Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Who wants to move to Vermont?

So apparently there is a small but growing secession movement in the Vermont. I don't think this will go very far but if it can at least be heard in the state senate there then maybe a few people at the national level will finally see just how pissed off people are at the national government. They wouldn't actually need to succeed to make their point.

I love the irony of the DC Law expert who completely missed the point of this,
"I always thought the Civil War settled that," said Russell Wheeler, a constitutional law expert at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C. If Vermont fought and won a war with the federal government, "then you could say Vermont proved the point. But that's not going to happen."

They want to END VIOLENCE, fucking idiot. How exactly does one earn the title of "expert" on a subject? Not to mention that the constitution never says that the state must remain in th union, I always thought the Civil War proved that you twit. Anyway I'm not expecting to have to sing about 49 states any time soon but I love the concept, I think we should start one for NY state as well. Great non-violent way to take a stand, three cheers to Vermont!!!

UPDATE: This is gaining traction it made it onto The Onion: America's finest News Source.

No comments: