Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thank You Mr. Obama

In a nutshell, when kids said did you ever use drugs? Hes said, yeah I did, then I decided to do something with my life. There's something fucked up in our political world when someone can seriously ask the question, Was Obama's answer about drug use too honest? Yeah because thats my biggest concern, will he be sure to lie to me enough if he becomes president? I know a few heads might explode if we had a president who could occasionally speak the truth but I think its worth the risk. What the fuck is wrong with people? Don't lie to children, they're not as stupid as we like to think, speaking of which fuck Santa and that whole craziness soo many people put their kids through. But seriously I'd love to have too be concerned about too much honesty from the white house. Plus having someone who's willing to admit they've done drugs in office might just get some of our ridiculous drug laws changed. Sure Clinton was a closet pot-head, and Bush was a coke-fiend but neither was willing to just say, "yeah I did it, it was dumb but I learned from that experience and moved on with my life." This has only increased by respect for this man.

Forgetting all that its also a stupid question because Obama has admitted to his past drug use in his book, so even a child might call him out on it if he tried to lie, then again children probably do better fact checking than our media, or Mitt Romney.

UPDATE: and to the 45% who say they're less likely to vote for someone who's used drugs, just remember Alcohol is a drug, ya fucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your anger is awesome. I am glad I am not the only one who gets pissed at the retardedness of people.

But, we, as a society, teach each other to lie -- parents, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends, government, school. Everyone just falls in line and reinforces the need to lie. America itself is a huge facade. It has not always been this way, but it is now.

Anyways, before I go on a tirade again, I just wanted to say hi. I am back at the blog with a vengeance. I got the bug back in me to write again.

Anonymous said...

And not only is alcohol a drug, it's a very dangerous, addictive and damaging one, even on the scale of drugs. Which is not to say I don't drink it, but the hypocrisy of the "anti-drug" movement really sets my teeth on edge. It's not whether you take drugs that matters, it's your attitude to them that will fuck you up.

Kilgore Trout said...

Cheers to that.

Yeah its a very dangerous and damaging drug, it's addicting but I don't think thats too high on the list. And absolutely its an attitude problem, as long as there are people who cannot deal with what life has thrown at them they will find a way to escape. If you've got money you go on vacation to get away, if your broke you get twisted out of your skull so the pain goes away for a little while. If a person wants to get fucked up they'll find a way. You can never outlaw everything. You can however work to make people less desperate to get out of their skulls.

And Cheers to being angry about shit we should be furious about. I'm pissed there aren't riots in the streets everyday, apathetic bloody planet, I've no sympathy at all. (-H2G2)