Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Spore

So I have a new roommate and she brought her computer, and its way better than my old POS. I laughed when she had all of three games for it and one happened to be Spore, a game I was about as curious about as anyone who had no expectations of playing a new computer game anytime soon. I spent way way too long playing it the last couple of days. It seems to be mostly focused on the end part of the game which is in space, lots of trading, forming alliances and stuff like that. The concept for the beginning is neat but I can't decide if it was worth it or not. You start off as a small simple creature which you get to "evolve" into ever larger and more interesting creatures. You eventually head to dry land, "evolve" some more and once you get smart enough you form a tribe, which eventually becomes a civilization and once you have united the whole planet either by force or by alliances or whatever you head to space. How you play the game affects you're specially abilities. Being the first time I played I just killed everything in sight and became a military powerhouse. Now that I'm in space though that doesn't seem to be helping me much. Its an addicting game for sure, but I can't decide if its really a good game or not. Guess I'll just have to keep going before I can answer that. It also seems really easy, but I do have it on easy because I'd never played before, which is often a big mistake, you get into bad habits because you can get away with them on easy then you move on with all the wrong strategies in your head. Oh well.

Like I said I get the impression that the part I'm in now is the main part of the game so I should probably hold off till I've gotten further, but so far my one line review would be, "It's caused me to loose sleep." Last two nights I've looked up at the clock eventually only to say oh crap it's two am and I've got a test tomorrow, last night it was only one am. So I guess I like it well enough so far.

No comments: