Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Winning the Unwinnable War

As this guy says, the only way to end the war on drugs is legalization. Period. He doesn't get into the effects of what would happen if drugs were suddenly legalized. One thing I've always pointed out is that if heroin was legal, most people still wouldn't want to try it cause its fucking heroin. I'm not going to suddenly start smoking crack just cause I won't get arrested for it. It wasn't the cops that kept me away from Meth, it was Meth and knowing what it does to people that kept me away. I like to think that this is true for most people, unfortunately I'm sure there are some folks who would be more willing to try shit if it wasn't illegal. The fact that you wouldn't have to deal with drug dealers is probably the thing that would cause the biggest increase in experimentation.

No comments: