Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Torture

Well of course a former Gitmo victim who spent 7 1/2 years in hell would claim he was tortured. But I wonder what Dick Cheney's opinion is?

Come on this terrorist worked for an elusive terrorist cell known only as "The Red Crescent" he must be evil!

Hope everyone catches the mockery here, I don't normally take torture lightly but you can't be serious all the time, and my real reaction to this should be pretty obvious to anyone with any sense of decency whatsoever.

UPDATE: when I wrote this I didn't even think about the irony of the fact that he worked for the Red Crescent, AKA the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement which helped create the original Geneva Convention back in 1864, the same series of treaties which the US violated while keeping him detained.

No comments: