Friday, December 09, 2005

kansas

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10372148/

As much as I love vast stretches of nothing follow by inescrutable boredom I think I’m going to avoid Kansas. As much as I love a state the teaches religion in public schools and calls it science, this latest attack against diversity is pretty sad. A student in Kansas City was suspended for a day and a half for committing one hell of a crime, he was speaking in tongues about anarchy and murder, er wait no. A friend asked him for a dollar in Spanish and so he replied with "no problema." Now obviously you wouldn’t want to corrupt the minds of the other students with heresy like that. The school claimed it had warned him before not to speak Spanish in school. I bet their foreign language department sucks. They warned him not to speak Spanish in school, ok I can see being angry if he was talking during class, but then the fact that it was Spanish is mute, because it would still be a problem if it were English. Gotta love it when dead nuts center of the “great melting pot� is so afraid of diversity than they shun a student for speaking in the second most common language in the US. Ok after news of this got out in the area the school rescinded the punishment, but that doesn’t change the fact that they punished him in the first place.

I’d love to see Bill O’Reilly’s take on this one. He’d probably be made that they didn’t suspend him for longer. Although he’d only really go off the deep end if he found out that after they kicked the kid out they said happy holidays instead of merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays everybody!

I bet bill hates that happy christmahanakwansaka commercial, which personally I think is hilarious.

No comments: