Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Military budget / Zinn

The Progressive
God damn people, we now spend almost as much on our millitary as the rest of the world combined. Or of the total that the world spends on militaries the US accounts for 47% of it. So if were at 500 billion dollars a year then the wolrd must spend about a trillion dollars a year on Arms and Millitary. Imagine all of the usefull things the world could do with a trillion dollars a year. No Child would ever go to bed hungry, anywhere.

Ok this is a two-fer, The Progressive also had an article by Howard Zinn. If you don't know Zinn then you need to go buy a People's History of the United States. if you cant afford it then e-mail me ill loan you my spare copy, but read this book. So anyway I dont feel that I have the right to so much as sum up an article by Howard Zinn he is one of my favorite authors and an increadible asset to our cause. Please read the article. I cannot do it justice.

No comments: