Friday, April 07, 2006

The Leak

National Journal has the story.
Libby is claiming that Bush gave him approval to use the information. effectively declassifiying it, no one seems sure if the president can declassifiy information. This whole situation just stinks of foul play. I still say they try the person resonsible for treason
So lets hear what the president has to say about leaking classified information.
THE PRESIDENT: Yes. Let me just say something about leaks in Washington. There
are too many leaks of classified information in Washington. There's leaks at the
executive branch; there's leaks in the legislative branch. There's just too many
leaks. And if there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it
is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of.
I think that says it all, dont you? that was from '03.
Thank you to Editor and Publisher for the article and Buzzflash for bringing it to my attention.

No comments: