Monday, April 10, 2006

Leveraging Xenophobia

Ok great article over at Daily Kos. Please read it.
Theres is a quote from one of our few Dems with a spine Obama that sums up the liberal ideals and what our country should be in a few simple words.
If there is a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to
me, even if it's not my child. If there is a senior citizen somewhere who can't
pay for their prescription drugs, and having to choose between medicine and the
rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandparent. If there's an
Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due
process, that threatens my civil liberties.
It is that fundamental belief --
It is that fundamental belief: I am my brother's keeper. I am my sister's keeper
that makes this country work. It's what allows us to pursue our individual
dreams and yet still come together as one American family.

And how can you argue with that?

No comments: