Thursday, January 11, 2007

I think my writing just got better

Anyone who actually checks this out often is thinking, "about freaking time!" but don't worry its not that much better. I know my grammar is atrocious, I couldn't care less about sentence structure, my vocabulary is nothing to brag about, and foremost my spelling is simply pathetic. Now I've always been able to do something about the spelling, I write in Word then drop it into blogger, unfortunately I use Firefox, which didn't really like doing that. So I'd be forced to open up Explorer go to the exact page I already had open and try again. This was a little annoying on my own site but really got obnoxious when I was just trying to leave a comment for someone else. I'd usually just realize I can't spell a word and either just leave it wrong with an (sp?) or if I didn't want the entire thing covered in those I would delete it and come up with a dumber way to say the same thing. Well Mozilla has just earn some big points in my book. It now has spell check build in. I mean Microsoft never came up with that, so now this little free program is soon going to be considerably better than that produced by the biggest software company in he world. HA! So now I can write what I meant to write without concern over how a word is spelled. Ok so every other fault is still as prevalent as ever but I never much cared about those, I write how I speak, which might not be proper english, but its better than a lot of people I know. So big ol' thank you to those crazy kids over at Mozilla, and if you don't have Firefox, go Here and get it, and hey its free if you don't like it delete it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it is good to have you writing again. And I know what you mean with the whole grammatical stuff. It is funny how you will use these words all day long. Then you try to write them out and then... damn how do you spell that?

By the way, word is the worst when it comes to transfering copied writings. It is the, what they call, macros. Little bits of dynamic coding (specific to Word) behind the text that causes the craziness. I would recommend using something like wordpad or text editor. These do not have any "macros". It is just plain text.