Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Boom, Scream, Spin

I'm sure the white house is franticly figuring out a way to show how this failed attempt at cheneys life actually show that we need more troops. This whole ordeal angers me on many levels, first from the fact that cheney is the center of focus and not the 23 people who lost their lives. I wish I could say that was my first thought, but it wasn't because I first saw the headline about cheney and later learned of those who died, my actual first thought was disappointment that he failed. I don't want to kill people but there are people who's negative affects on the world at large will probably not diminish until their demise. Which then got me thinking about suicide bombers. There is something strange about the phenomena, its the martyrdom they desire, not the pursue of goals. If they really wanted to kill cheney, then a suicide bomber is a pretty bad plan, they should have known they never would have gotten close enough. I'm not going to suggest other means but seriously people we get it, your willing to die for your cause, that doesn't mean you should always die for your cause.

In case you haven't heard enough about it heres the Guardian.

No comments: