Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dawkins vs. O'Reilly

If you want to check out the video you can go to RichardDawkins.net or you can go to YouTube. Ok I've only been able to watch the first half at this point, it's under five minutes long but I am at work right now. Dawkins was setting up the classic, "theres thousands of gods you don't believe in, I just believe in one less/ when you realize why you dismiss all the other gods you'll realize why I dismiss yours." But Bill didn't let him finish, he went to the atheist's leap of faith instead. It finishes up with the usual stalin, hitler argument and there isn't time for a proper rebuttal. It was civilized and which is more than I can usually say about Bill. It was simply too short, far far too short to be much good for anyone. you can't have a Religion vs. atheism conversation in 4:40, I mean you can but its pointless. Well thats my take on it.

No comments: