Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Partial Birth Abortions

Ok this is another issue I catch a minor amount of heat from my liberal friends for. Basically as a guy I have a very hard time taking any stance at all. This is one of the only places where I can fully understand the oppositions stance, even if they do shoot themselves in the foot by being anti-abortion and pro-war. I feel this is decision to be made by the individuals involved and not by the government, in other words I'm pro-choice. But, and this is where I occasionally catch flak, I don't see why limits are wrong. As for the ban on partial birth abortions well, to say that you only have 6 and not 9 months to make the hardest decision anyone can be faced with seems reasonable. I understand being against this ruling for the slippery slope rational. As long as this doesn't lead to an outright ban on abortions then I personally am Ok with it. It's not the decision I would have hoped for but it doesn't bother me, thats all. As I said at the start this is an issue I'm not completely set on, a good argument either way could definitely change my stance, if you want to try go ahead and leave me a comment.

Ok now that I know that this is the first time any limit on abortions had been passed I can understand why people are worried, I guess I did know that, I just didn't think about it before.

Here is more about it, to be honest I didn't read a single word of this but I wanted a link and its the first that came up that wasn't Faux News or some other uber-conservative groups news.

UPDATE: OK maybe I was wrong. It appears that some states are already planning on putting more limits on abortions because they feel now they will be upheld. I was wrong I'm sorry, I failed to remember how adamantly people oppose abortion.

No comments: