Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

First I want to say that I hope everyone had a nice memorial day weekend. I was able to go on a wine tour with my sister and her friends in the wonderful finger lakes of upstate NY. Having lived here my entire life its easy to take for granted the splendid beauty that is the finger lakes region, and if you like wine theres lots of that around too. We stuck to the lower half of one side of one lake and hit 7 wineries and there were more that we could not do. One thing I simply cannot comprehend is the normal hours for these wine tastings is from about 10 am until 5 or 6 at night. Now I know the idea is to taste the wines and see which you like, its not supposed to be about getting drunk, but even so, who wants to start "tasting" wines at 10 am? Then again some people drink mimosa's or bloody mary's with breakfast because somehow by having juice in there it becomes acceptable to drink that early, but if I have a beer with breakfast thats weird. Anyway I had a nice holiday with my sister and her friends, after the wine tour we camped out in a state park near seneca lake, it was fun. I highly recommend the wine tours to anyone thats has any interest in wine, and if you don't then you can be the DD and still enjoy some lovely scenery, and be the hero to your friends. Peace!

No comments: