Thursday, June 07, 2007

Did Romney really say that?

I didn't watch the GOP debates, I spent my time in a more productive manner, I slammed my head against the wall until I collapsed, causing minor brain damage. This was both more productive and apparently less damaging to the mind as even I recall how Hans Blix and his cohorts did a bit of searching for WMDs just prior to the Iraq war thats still going on. But it seems that one of our lovely GOP candidates has forgotten that not-so-minor piece of trivia. Seriously this guy wants to be president and he can't even remember how we entered the war that were still fighting. Seriously Romney, go take some history lessons. I can't even fathom how this can be, unless of course he hasn't forgotten shit and was simply lying. Which seems like a far more likely scenario. He knows that America as a whole has about a 1 minute attention span, and I'm giving us credit, our collective conscious has forgotten everything that happened before Paris went to jail. At this point we could probably spin a globe let your finger land on a country and say, its their fault they started the war, hell at this point we could blame Somalia...

There was also the usual shit about how they are all trying to bring down the US, as if people who are in the midst of a civil war are united. Of course if you want to unite them then all you need to do is create a greater enemy than the one they are currently fighting, I would suggest invading Iran, its probably the quickest way to get the terrorist attacks on US soil that the GOP so desperately need.

Whats left to do. When politicians simply lie to our faces and no one holds them accountable. All I can think of is the most patriotic words ever written by an American when we first became Americans,
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government
Does that make me an anti-american rebel, or a patriot?

No comments: