Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Not quite as stupid as it sounds, but close

Blogging unions, not blogging about unions, I do that, although rant is probably the best description, no this is about bloggers who want to organize, yeah I laughed too. I'm with the naysayers because I hate unions, but also because its the lack of leadership, the intrinsically anarchistic nature of the internet is what makes it so great. Those in favor have a valid point, albeit one that only comes into play if blogging is your profession which I suppose is reasonable, unions are for professionals not hobbyists, which is what I consider blogging but for some it is professional. If creating a union helps them get cheaper health insurance and better access to press passes then its a good thing, but I'd like to see them do it without the aid of the existing unions because of my personal bias against unions.

No comments: