Monday, March 10, 2008

Atlas Shrugged

Atlas Would shrug after reading this book, not because the 1,100 page book was so heavy but out of indifference towards its philosophy which harps on and on and on and on. This might be my first negative book review, I didn't hate the book by any means but I was expecting more. It was written by a person who left a communist country and saw the marvels of the free market. I'm not going to tear into the philosophy of absolute free market, well not much, if you want that then read the terrific book by Naomi Klein entitled "The Shock Doctrine."

The problem is that in order to sell the libertarian philosophy it is necessary to paint a picture that M.C. Escher would be proud of. The captains of industry are portrayed as being of the utmost moral fiber, and charity is evil incarnate.

This is going to be cut real short, unlike the book, because I'm outta time for the day.

Updates to follow

No comments: