Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Feelin Lazy

I can't think of much to talk about right now. So I'm going to pick on an easy target just for something to do.
I spotted this headline over at Fark. BTW I love Fark, great way to see random news stories, laugh at stupid criminals and generally waste time.

"Atheist theories are absurd." This coming from a man who wears a folded napkin on his head, rides around in a fishtank on the back of a Mercedes, and prays to a man who is his own father

Which leads to a decent little piece about how the Pope thinks that evolution can coincide with catholicism. Which is good. Or at least it's better than the alternative.

I think I mentioned this one before but it's such a great comment that I'll risk a double post. It's David Attenborough (the voice on Planet Earth) talking about the hate mail he has gotten because he doesn't give credit to god. He has a very straightforward reply.

Telling the magazine that he was asked why he did not give "credit" to God, Attenborough added: "They always mean beautiful things like hummingbirds. I always reply by saying that I think of a little child in east Africa with a worm burrowing through his eyeball. The worm cannot live in any other way, except by burrowing through eyeballs. I find that hard to reconcile with the notion of a divine and benevolent creator."

How does a creationist respond to that?

No comments: