Monday, April 27, 2009

More biking

So it decided to get hot out this weekend. Friday is was perfect out so I decided to try to ride to corning, which I thought was like 18 miles but just checked the almighty google and found that it's only 12.8 from door to door. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the second door. I stopped into a bar thats 2/3rds of the way there, had some lunch, hopped back on the bike feeling refreshed go for a minute and BANG Thhhh..... Popped a tire. I called a few people but no one was around so I started walking, I had probably covered five or six miles before a friend was able to come get me on her lunch break. So I went back to the bike shop and got a new tire put on. I went with the more puncture resistant tire, hopefully I won't have to worry about it anytime soon. But it does mean that my tires don't match.

On the positive side I can feel the difference in my legs, can even see the difference. So assuming I don't have anymore flats, I'm prepared now so it probably wont happen, I'm really liking the whole no car thing. Just wish the laundromat was a bit closer, not quite sure how I can do that on my bike, either tiny loads or I walk. It is only like 6 blocks. Like I said so far so good with the biking and at this rate my legs are going to be diesel by the end of the summer, hell by the end of next month.

No comments: