Wednesday, April 11, 2007

google yourself

I do this from time to time for shits and giggles. I normally just look at the top couple and laugh. Actually the first one that comes up is a black judge from Florida which I find amusing. So this time I went to see how far till it was actually me, I also was curious if this site would come up, I don't use my real name when I write but my real name is on here if you know where to look. I also got thinking about this when my mother pointed out that smart companies will search possible employees. Think about that when putting drunken pictures on myspace. Also set your myspace to private, or don't use myspace which is probably the best plan. Anyway I first found myself on page 5 as my name was mentioned in the local newspaper announcement for my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. BTW: huge congrats to the G-rents. I make another appearance on page 5 for a comment to The Nation magazine.

At least through Google it looks like I'm safe. I'm not ashamed of anything I've written. But there are things here that many people would find objectionable, especially my rants against religion. It's probably better that employers don't read this. At least not until I've been on the job a little while.

2 comments:

Lara said...

hey, thanks much for coming by my site and leaving a comment. i've gone through a lot more google searches for my name this year than usual, because of my blog. there was a lot of drama early in the year, because i used to publish under my real name, rather than a nom de blog (which i now use). the admins at my school were very worried about how my students would react if they found it, so i changed the name, did what i could to hide it, etc. now when you search for my real name, it takes a number of pages to get to anything related to my blog, and even those are just remnants of old cached pages.

wow, could i ramble any more in this comment box? my point is that i definitely get where you're coming from in hiding a bit.

on a lighter note, when you google my real name, you do mostly get the real me: a cappella songs i arranged, stories others have written about me, and (best of all) a child actress website with my pictures from when i was about 10. woot!

Kilgore Trout said...

Apparently you're the coolest person with your name, at least according to Google. I on the other hand must be diligent to over take all the other folks with my name.

And thats nothing for a rambling comment. I mean hell it was all on topic even. If you want to ramble go for it, but do it with some passion, and complete lack of logic. I want something about a platypus, Zeus, a pie eating contest, and it should include the word quark.

Anyway I like your site and it will probably be on the blogroll very soon.

Thanks for stopping by!