Friday, June 06, 2008

Not much to say

I've been slacking. Sorry. I might have found a direction for my life, Policy. I was asked to write up a little policy statement by a campaign, and I really enjoyed doing it. So thats something. I guess getting a job at a think tank or a campaign is where you would do this work. It at least gives me an idea of something I might like to do for an education, because the more I think about it the more I realize I don't want to be a history teacher, not that I had actually gone about doing anything towards that goal either.

Obama finally has the nomination, about time. As I (and many many others) called Clinton held out till the end of the primaries and now that its over she being a team player again. Whats odd to me is the amount of speculation that she might be his VP pick. I said before this will never happen and I still don't think it will happen. I've heard people point out that he should pick a woman as his running mate so the rabid Hillary lovers might fall in line. Not a bad idea but I find it a little sad that democrats who support Hillary can't just support Obama cause he's a great candidate, don't hate just cause he has a cock. Doesn't that go against all the equality sentiments of the feminist movement? I can't wait to see who they are going to choose, and given the likelihood of Obama getting assassinated by some redneck it's a very important decision. And McCain also needs to think about that same issue, actually he's said that he has, not because of a prius drive by shooting but because that old fuck might just keel over at anytime.

I'm probably going to do some amount of work for two local campaigns, the one I mentioned doing the paper for and the Massa campaign again, I might even do a little for Obama, that will probably mean helping out in PA vs NY because NY always votes Dem.

So thats all I got at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Politics!

Kilgore that's perfect.

Teaching is great too, but you've really got to want to do it.

I definitely got fired up about politics during the Howard Dean campaign.

By the way, the kitchen is done, but there's still wood to pile if you're still up for a visit.