Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Few Things

First off I had my first class in a long time last night. I'm not too worried, although I do need to get into the habit of actually doing my work. Last night was American Federal Government, the professor seems really good, which is especially important because I also have him for my class on Wednesday. I was worried that the class would be mind numbingly boring, and I think the book material might be, but the Prof seems lively and interactive enough that I think it should be fun.

Next up, I want to save this site for a later date. Its a site for Debates between Barry Lynn of Americans United for the Separation of Church and State, or AU for short, and Jay Sekulow of the American Center for Law and Justice or ACLJ, which I believe is the right wing version of the ACLU.

And then theres all the talk about Obama and McCain at some church. I don't care. McCain is not a terrible speaker, as long as no one upsets him he can do quite well, he can even be a pretty funny guy. I haven't seen it but it sounds like McCain won in front of a friendly audience with slightly but importantly different questions. Big fuckin' deal. I'm not really sure what to make of the "Above me pay grade" comment, sounds like avoiding the issue, but I can't really blame him as there is no definitive answer to the question of when does life begin. Although a wise ass like myself might have said, 3.5 billion years ago give or take a few hundred million. Others have speculated that the Pay Grade comment was in reference to god, for obvious reasons I always forget about that option. But again, I don't care, none of this matters the talking heads just need something to talk about and apparently the two wars we're losing, the fighting in Georgia and everything else still doesn't provide enough for them to ramble on about for 24 hours a day every fucking day.

I look forward to hearing the VP picks, and I might even try to watch a little of the convention, but beyond that I'd much rather see these guys on c-span doing there jobs, rather than telling us about the how great they are going to be at the job they don't have yet. Oh well.

No comments: