Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I shoulda been working

As a staunchly anti-union liberal (sounds like a contradiction, its not) I wish I could have come into work yesterday. Labor day actually turned out to be my only day off the whole weekend. Admittedly I don't work very hard, especially in the physical sense, during the week so a little manual labor on the weekend is alright. Unfortunately it turned into a lot of manual labor for barely above minimum wage. Thats the kind of thing where I don't get angry, I'm not going to scream about it, but next time they ask for help I'll say no. I'm not "above" doing manual labor, actually it feels great to do it from time to time, but I am "above" spending my time off, using my vehicle to transport for minimum wage, its just not worth it.

I should do a nice little rant against unions in honor of labor day, but I've done it before and I just don't feel like doing it right now. So heres my old rant, from my old blog, which was a bit less angry than this one so it may not really invoke the disdain I feel towards unions, just remember I was holding back when I wrote this.

No comments: